Floating is the ultimate experience! It allows the individual to reach an optimal point of relaxation, meditation, and well-being. It allows the user to be in an environment of reduced sensitization from sound and visual stimuli, while at the same time having the feeling of weightlessness. The float tank has 160 gallons of water diluted with 800 – 1000 lbs. of Epsom salts, this is what provides the weightlessness which ultimately allows the individual to defy the laws of gravity. The water is 93.5 degrees, same temperature as the surface of your skin, which gives the user the feeling of “floating”. After spending a few minutes in the tank you begin to let go of control, physical feeling, and worry.
Floating can be passive or active, depending on the purpose. For relaxation, one simply floats and ‘clears the mind.’ Active floating has many different techniques. One may perform meditation, mantras, self-hypnosis, utilize educational programs, etc. The idea of active floating is that, when the body is relaxed, the mind becomes highly suggestible and any action taken during these states will enter the information into the sub-conscious. Flotation therapy may be used to complement other body work and healing methods.
- Reduce stress (lower cortisol levels and increase dopamine) and stress related illnesses and pain
- Reduce anxiety, PTSD, and depression symptoms
- Enhance awareness and introspection (contemplation of your own thoughts and desires or soul searching)
- Improve sleep
- Improve memory and plasticity of the mind
- Reduce blood pressure (reduce risk of strokes and heart attacks)
- Speed up muscle recovery
- Enhance creativity
- Reduce bad habits (smoking, eating disorders, etc.)
- Reduce migraines and other bodily tensions
- Pain management (back and joint pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, etc.)
- Magnesium absorption (most people are deficient in magnesium due to restricted diet)
- Softer and healthier skin
- Experience what true “weightlessness” really is!!! Think…“floating in space”!!!